Nuffnang

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Protege Gala and Results - Don't Wanna GO Home

Don't Wanna Go Home!

Denise Ysabel Barbacena is the last booted out contestant in Protégé, whose dream will cut off NEXT??

GALA NIGHT:
The Protégé’s should sing with their respective Mentors, I expecting a lot of Solid performance and Good Harmonies. Miss Eula Valdez is back as a gust judge to fill in to Mr. Louie Ocampo while Jennylyn Mercado and Ogie Alacasid fill in Dindong Dantes as the Gala Presentor.

Protégé Performance Ranking:




Nomer Limatog Jr.

7. Nomer Limatog Jr. & Rachelle Anne Go Bohemian Rhapsody
I think the song is too big for Nomer and it was not as good as his past performance, the lack of practice is the main reason for this performance. B-

SO WAT

6. So Wat & Rey Valera - Malayo Pa Ang Umaga
That was a safe performance, the judges were right they should bring their group to the next level. They should do K-Pop (lol).  B-


5. Kenneth Monico & Jay-R - Lately
The performance was good but it’s a little bit forgettable. And I thought Stafano Langone (American Idol) did a better job in this song. B

Jensen Teñoso

4. Jensen Teñoso & Claire Dela FuenteColors of the Wind
I was surprised with the song choice it was a little bit odd (because it was from an animated movie) but Jensen delivers it well and I like how her voice fits the song. Good Job.  B+

Lirah Bermudez

3. Lirah Bermudez & Janno Gibbs - Hallelujah/Nosi Balasi
 OPM Mas-UP! I love the fact, that Lirah show how wide her range and the whole performance was good, the arrangement with Janno and the back-up singers was the highlight of this performance though. A-

Lovely Embuscado

2. Lovely Embuscado & JayaBaliw
The song was quite funny, Lovely was great, the high notes at the end was insane although that’s a bit predictable. I love their tandem. A-

Krizza Neri

1. Krizza Nerri & Aiza SeguerraIf I Could/Wind Beneath My Wings
OMG! OMG! And another OMG! (LOL!) Awesome Rendition, my Favorite Performance so far in this competition, that was very emotional, both singers nailed it. I NEED A STUDIO VERSION! A+


THOUGHTS:

Amazing Show, It feels like watching X-Factor, the lights, props and the performance are all level up. Ms. Eula Valdez is likeable this week and Jennylyn Mercado spice up the show, this was my favorite episode. GREAT JOB Protege Staff!


Results Night:
The Protege's opened the result show singing Jason Derulo’s Don’t Wanna GO Home. I Love it and I can feel the energy from the audience.




BOTTOM TWO :


Kenneth and Nomer was in the bottom group.

Nomer Limatog Jr. is The fourth Protégé eliminated from the competition.

WOW! The result is kinda surprising because Nomer was a frontrunner to this competition, but his performance this week was not as GREAT (actually, it was his weakest) from his past performance. Good luck to his career and I hope he continue his studies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...