Nuffnang

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Westlife Concert Experience


It was a last minute decision that i will watch Westlife Concert at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum last Thursday. And because it was a last minute decision i forgot my camera (BOO!). I have no major reason  not to watch this concert (although i don't have the enough funds because the date was one day before payday) cause
Westlife was a big part of my childhood and their songs are my favorite karaoke track so I'm very excited and looking forward to see how they perform. 

I fall in line at the booth and ask a Gen-Ad ticket (Yes, I'm Alone and that's the only ticket that i can afford) and got to my seat. I was surprise of how many people went to Araneta just to see them, the Lower Box and Gen-Ad section was SRO (Standing Room Only),  and it was estimated that the crowd reached 11,000+ (WOW).

It was about 9pm when the REAL show started, they opened with "When You're Looking Like That", which i forgot the title, followed by their hits such as My Love, Flying Without Wings and Word of Our Own, they did some of their covers (Uptown Girl, Word Of Our Own) and the Pop Medley which I really enjoy (lol). Shane is my favorite vocalist, Mark was insanely good singer while Kian and Bryan has the loudest cheers.

Here is the Setlist :


  • Intro
  • When You're Looking Like That
  • World Of Our Own
  • What Makes A Man
  • Safe
  • Home
  • My Love
  • Beautiful Tonight
MEDLEY: 
  • Viva La Vida(Coldplay cover)
  • Only Girl(in the World)(Rihanna cover)
  • The Time(Dirty Bit)(Black Eyed Peas cover)
  • Bad Romance(Lady Gaga cover)
  • Seasons In The Sun
  • You Raise Me Up
  • I'm Already There
  • I Will Reach You
  • Flying Without Wings

ENCORE:
  • What About Now
  • Uptown Girl

Overall I ENJOYED this concert, it bring backs a lot of memories from my childhood especially when they sang "My Love" because this song was my audition piece when I joined the choir in sixth grade, that moment was so huge, i feel GOOSEBUMPS all over my big body when they are singing that track. I also see mothers with their children that when Westlife will sing one of their hits, the reactions on their faces was PRICELESS, i feel that every single person that watch the concert go home with a huge smile.

It was an amazing experience to see them perform live, but I fell short with the tracks that they sing, I think they should add I Lay My Love On You, If I Let You Go, Swear It Again, Evergreen and Fool Again to make the concert more memorable. Oh well, the concert is done and until now I have a hangover, I just downloaded the album Unbreakable : The Greatest Hits Vol 1 (haha). Thank You Shane, Mark, Kian and Nicky, Hope to see you SOON!!

Here's my favorite performance :


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...